Butternut Squash, Ginger Tomatoes, Lime Yoghurt
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cooking Time: 3 hours
Ingredients: (serves 4)
1 medium butternut squash or pumpkin
20 pieces cherry tomatoes
150g Greek Yoghurt
1 Lime, for juice and zest
3cm Small piece of ginger, grated
2 garlic cloves, minced
Chili Flake, chopped
20g brown sugar
Chopped green Onion & coriander,
Store-bought crispy shallots for garnishing.
- Preheat oven to 200C
- Remove the seed and keep the skin of the butternut squash. Cut widthways or in a chucky pieces as prefer, mix with 2 tablespoon of olive oil, 1 teaspoon of salt and good grind of pepper. Spread out on a baking tray and roast for 30-40 minutes at 200C, until gold brown and able to poke through. Set aside to cool.
- Turn down the oven to 170C
- Halve cherry tomato, sprinkle with salt & pepper, small tablespoon of olive oil, cook in oven for 60 min, until soften.
- Mix grated ginger, chili flake, garlic, and ¼ teaspoon of salt (small pinch) and brown sugar like a paste. Then spoon on the top of tomatoes, and cook for another 30-40 min, set aside to cool.
- Lime yoghurt just simple mix yoghurt with lime juice and lime zest, with a small pinch of salt & pepper. You can keep in fridge until ready to serve.
- Place the squash on a big platter and arrange the tomatoes in between, drizzle over lime yoghurt and garnish with green onion
Tips: Both roasted squash and ginger tomato can be prepared in advance and keep in fridge. Ginger tomato can also be used in other green salad and fish dishes.
If you don’t want to wait for 3 hours, you can mix the tomato with the ginger-sugar paste and put in oven for the last 15 minutes with the pumpkin. Not as deep flavor as the original recipe, still good enough for a delicious salad 😊